FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -6/14/2017
Today’s Topic:Topic: Who God Is-And Is Not: Affirming The Unconditional Love
Doug Keck and Father Spitzer discuss chapter two of Fathers Spitzer’s new book The Light Shines on in the Darkness
1.In Matthew it says if two or more pray it shall be done. What does this mean?
2.Doug Keck asks: What do you mean that we are redeemed in our suffering?
3.What are the possible effects of our suffering in our body?
4.I get very discouraged when I talk to God about everything everyday but I only silence. Please help.
5.It seems that salvation can through prayers of others. What about those that don’t have someone to prayer for them? Do they simply perish?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -6/2/2017
Today’s Topic:Topic: In The Twinkling Of An Eye: Conviction About the Resurrection
1. Why is important for us to talk about suffering?
2. Don’t you think by rejecting God your setting up for a whole culture of despair?
3. I lost my youngest son years ago but cry often when I miss him. I want God to show me a sign that he is in Heaven. Am I not suffering well?
4. What is the Spitzarion light of ultimate rationalization?
5. At Fatima, when Lucia asked the Blessed Virgin if her friend was in Heaven, her response was, “She will be in Purgatory until the end of the world” Can that be true?
6. Why did the Father require such extreme suffering of the Lord to accomplish our salvation?
7. As soon as we are suffering why is our first reaction “God isn’t here”?
8. If one has a chronic illness and have come to accept it does that show a lack of faith in a miracle?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -5/31/2017
Today’s Topic:Topic: Nine Christian Foundations For Suffering Well
Father Spitzer spends quite a bit of time explaining his reasoning for writing this book on suffering.
1. Why do you think its so important to understand suffering for young people?
Last weeks show on Mysticism questions:
2. Do mystics communicate with God via Angels? Can they communicate with people who are not mystics? Define the distinction of the “dark vs. Holy angels”?
3. Can somebody be dealing with light and darkness simultaneously?
4. Does Satan have his mystics? During periods of spiritual pride can the devil mimic ecstasies?
5. When receiving the Eucharist at Mass, we enter into a mystical union with Christ. Is this also mysticism?
The Light Shines On In The Darkness:
6. Suffering is not opposed to transcendence happiness it is an indispensable pathway to it.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -5/24/2017
Today’s Topic: Mysticism In The Catholic Tradition Part 2:
Father Spitzer answers Doug Keck and viewer questions:
1. Does fire exist in hell?
2. Psychic power seems egocentric. Would not entering into contemplative prayer be a grace granted by God?
3. What are the modern views of the Catholic Church towards the practice of Hesychasm?
4. How does the Catholic Church know who is considered a Mystic? What defines one?
5. What are the differences between the mystics and prophets?
6. Can Natural Law applied to a person say anything regarding Mysticism?
7. How does Mysticism connect with morality or virtue?
8. How does one acquire the gift of mysticism?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -5/17/2017
Today’s Topic: What is Mysticism and is there mysticism outside the Catholic Tradition?
Father Spitzer answers Doug Keck and viewers questions:
1. Father explains the 3 elements of Christian Mysticism.
2. Father expands on Evelyn Underhill’s thought regarding “where the philosopher guesses and argues, the mystic lives and looks; and speaks, consequently, the disconcerting language of the first-hand experience.
3. Is there a reason why the Carmelites would tend to be the most well known for the Mysticism?
4. It seems that suffering, as many mystics have experienced, can make us more aware of the smaller miracles. Perhaps the increased recognition of the smaller miracles can make suffering seem more trivial, too, as our love and trust increases in God.
5. Mysticism is great, as God wants us to be in awe of Him. At the same time, God wants us to truly now Him as well. Father answers his thoughts on this.
6. Would you say that the Mystic Traditions of our faith should do the same for our senses in bringing us closer to God?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -5/3/2017
Today’s Topic: Contemplation Part 2
Father Spitzer answers Doug Keck and viewers questions:
1. What has Fatima’s message meant to you in your (Fr. Spitzer’s) spiritual life or has it impacted your life?
2. How does believing in apparitions’ affect our faith.
3. What prayers do you recommend for use when experiencing spiritual desolation or in times of tribulation?
4. What do you think of the description of contemplation given by Carmelite theologians: Contemplation is a simple awareness of truth under the influence of love.
5. How should I be approaching trusting in God with unshakable confidence?
6. Are there any clear, non-rebuttable, Biblical evidence that those in heaven can receive our prayer requests and pray for us to God, not answer prayers or be a mediator?
7. While I have been drawing closer to my faith I have also found myself less patient with my family and angrier in general. Am I being tested somehow?
The book that Father Spitzer’s references reading during the show is The Light Shines On In The Darkness.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -4/19/2017
Today’s Topic: Historicity of Jesus’s Resurrection – The Shroud of Turin
Father Spitzer answers Doug Keck and viewers questions.
1. Why is the stag on the cover of Father Spitzer’s latest book that has now been released – The Light Shines on in the Darkness?
2. What is the connection of the Church on resurrection and divine mercy?
3. Why was it necessary for Jesus to rise again and why?
4. Why is it important to understand that there is a bodily resurrection and not just a spiritual resurrection?
5. Is it possible for Plato to be in heaven?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -4/5/2017
Today’s Topic: Historicity of the Passion of Jesus.
Question from last weeks show first:
1. Why did many saints have to suffer greatly
This weeks questions:
2. Why is important to establish the historicity of Jesus.
3. Did Jesus’s divine power have anything to do with the amount of torture and pain He was able to endure.
4. Father Spitzer describes in graphic detail the crucification.
5. Why exactly did Jesus have to die to redeem us?
6. How does this unconditional love redeems us?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -3/22/2017
Today’s Topic: Contemplation Pt. 1
Father answers these and more questions regarding contemplation:
1. What is the difference between anticipation and contemplation?
2. When you are praising God is that one way of dealing with ones own humility in order to contemplate God?
3. While contemplating your (Father Spitzer’s) 6 criterion on how God answers our prayers please clarify how God’s answer will not undermine other’s salvation, and will not determine other’s freedom.
4. What do you think of transcendental meditation and holistic therapy?
5. Is there a difference from a person empting themselves and quieting themselves?
6. How do busy working professionals embark on the path of becoming personally familiar with the Lord as you discussed in Finding True Happiness?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -3/15/2017
Today’s Topic: Following The Holy Spirit and Discernment Pt.2
1. Father speaks about the difference in spiritual consolation and spiritual desolation.
2. How do people decide if something is an emotional high or a lead from the Holy Spirit?
3. If someone is severely depressed with Schizophrenic symptoms how do they have discernment between the ability to hear God from or from hearing the devil?
4. Is there any definite way in which one can truly discern if they are either trusting or testing the Lord?
5. What type of messages are not from the Holy Spirit?
More about this topic can be found in Father Spitzer’s books The Five Pillars of the Spiritual Life and also Finding True Happiness.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -3/8/2017
Today’s Topic: Following The Holy Spirit and Discernment Pt. 1
Follow up questions regarding Examen prayer from last weeks show.
1. Sometimes I feel that I am just babbling, even though I try to concentrate and pay attention when doing standard prayers. Am I really praying and is god really paying attention.
2. How do we know that the Holy Spirit is really talking to us?
3. Father explains Ignatius divided people into two spiritual groups.
4. When reading why does it always say the Holy Spirit is the result of the love of the Father and the Son?
More about this topic can be found in Father Spitzer’s books The Five Pillars of the Spiritual Life and also Finding True Happiness.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE -3/1/2017
Today’s Topic: Examen Prayer: What is it & Why is it important? Part 2
1.Is there such a thing as passing down evil through family lineage?
2.Father explains the Examen Prayer.
3.Father explains the following words: meek, hungry, thirsty, merciful.
4.Father discusses how the Beatitudes are complimentary to the Examen Prayer.
5.Why is this prayer believed to be so powerful and humbling?
6.What are some other good prayers of interior transformation?
You can read more about the Examen Prayer in Chapter 9 of Father Spitzer’s book Finding True Happiness.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 2/22/2017
Todays topic is the Examen Prayer which is the subject in chapter nine of Father Spitzer’s book Finding True Happiness.
The following questions first are from last weeks episode regarding spontaneous prayer:
1. Does fasting make a more powerful impact when praying?
2. Will my fasting help my child who is addicted to drugs and alcohol?
3. Does redemptive suffering mean I should not use pain medication?
This weeks questions and more relating to the Examen Prayer:
4. Father explains the Examen Prayer.
5. Aren’t there similarities of the Examen prayer and that of eastern religions, particularly meditation?
6. Using the Examen prayer as to tool for not dwelling on the things we have no longer have control over.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 2/15/2017
Today’s topic is Authentic Spontaneous Prayers part 2.
Father Spitzer answers the following questions from previous shows:
1. Prolife question: Could our president write and Emancipation Proclamation for the unborn? What stands in the way?
2. Shroud of Turin question: What is the difference between the Veil of Manoppelo and the Sudarium of Oviedo?
This weeks topic begins again with Authentic Spontaneous Prayers part 2:
1. How does fasting relate to prayer? Does fasting and sacrifice turbo charge prayer?
2. Father describes criteria for prayer.
3. Is not spontaneous prayer good at all times? It seems that this would come from a desire for a relationship.
4. Are angry prayers at God acceptable to our Lord?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 2/8/2017
Today’s topic is Authentic Spontaneous Prayers part 1.
Father Spitzer answers the following questions and so much more:
1. Father Spitzer answers the following questions from last week show regarding the Creed. Why call so much attention to Pontius Pilate who caused Christ to suffer?
2. Regarding the Shroud of Turin has DNA tests ever been done?
This week’s topic is Authentic Spontaneous Prayer:
3. Father defines what Spontaneous Prayers are.
4. Is the prayer Hail Mary a spontaneous prayer?
5. Is it spontaneous to recite a memorized prayer?
6. What is the difference between a mantra and a spontaneous prayer?
7. Does praying in the spirit mean praying in tongues?
8. What does “offering up” mean?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 2/1/2017
Today’s Topic: Five Pillars Of The Spiritual Life: The Eucharist Pt.2
Father Spitzer answers the following questions from last weeks show first regarding Pro-Life:
1.Can using birth control be considered an act of omission?
2.During the Mercy Year, Pope Francis Gave authority to priests to forgive the sin of abortion. Doest that mean those who went to confession prior were not forgiven?
The Eucharist Part 2: Father Spitzer answers the following questions and many more:
1.Father begins with the story of Pope Francis’ experience with the Eucharistic miracle that took place back in 1998.
2.Is there a physical explanation for the warmth felt in Eucharistic adoration?
3.Why go to confession if you do not have mortal sins and ask for forgiveness prior to receiving the Holy Eucharist?
4.Why don’t we profess our belief in the Real Presence of the body and blood of Jesus Christ in the Eucharist.
More information regarding the Eucharist can be found in Father Spitzer’s books Five Pillars of the Spiritual Life and also God So Loved the World.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 1/25/2017
Today’s Topic: Philosophy of the Pro-Life Movement: Anticipating the March
Father Spitzer answers the following questions and many more:
1. Father starts out referencing last week episode regarding the Eucharist and last supper.
2. Discusses the Catholics Church view on evolution. Has the church been silent on this issue?
3. How do we resolve Augustine’s belief that the soul does not enter the body for a number of days after conception with pro-life.
4. Scientifically and soundly, how do we argue that life begins at conception?
5. Are the babies that have been aborted in heaven?
6. What loving steps should we take in transforming our neighbor’s hearts so that they choose life?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 1/18/2017
Today’s Topic: Five Pillars Of The Spiritual Life:The Eucharist Pt.1
Father Spitzer answers the following questions and many more:
1.Father starts out referencing a recent episode and answers breaking from the addiction to pornography and being attacked by evil spirits.
2. How common is it for people to steal consecrated hosts at mass for evil purposes?
3. How can we show our friends the true presence found in the Eucharist? (This can be further explained in Father’s book God So Loved The World, chapter 3.
4. Could you please explain the nature of transubstantiation?
5. Do we need to receive both the bread and the wine due to germs and illnesses?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 12/7/2016
Today’s Topic: How Can We Explain The Trinity With The Incarnation.
Father answers a few questions first about past episodes regarding our souls and then discusses and answers viewer questions. The following are just a few of the questions answered:
1. What is the sin committed again the Holy Spirit?
2. Do the three persons of The Trinity have distinct yet inseparable souls?
3. How was the Holy Spirit Generated?
4. What is Hypostatic Union
5. How different is Sacred History
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 11/30/2016
Today’s Topic: What did Jesus say about the Eucharist and the Passion? Part 1.
Father answers a few questions first about past episodes regarding voting and purgatory and then discusses and answers viewer questions:
1. Why do we talk about the Eucharist and the Passion?
2. Fr. explains how the incarnation of Jesus is the demarcation point and separates the old and the new testament.
3. Fr. Defines Jesus Gift of Love
4. What was Jesus doing in the Passion?
5. Discusses importance of Psalm 22 regarding Jesus last words.
6. If the Eucharist is the greatest of all sacraments, then why can’t the Eucharist forgive mortal sins?
**You can find more information about this subject in Father Spitzer’s book The Souls Upward Yearning.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 11/23/2016
Today’s Topic: What is the Evidence for the Soul, Part 2.
Father answers the following viewers questions and more:
Why would we every pray for those in purgatory?
Father explains why we should pray for 2 things for people in purgatory. Does the soul consists of memory, intellect, and will?
Is our original sin inherited to corrupt our soul? Is it only our flesh that inherits sin? If one’s conscience is dead, does that mean that their soul may be already lost?
You can also read all about our souls in Father Spitzer’s book The Soul’s Upward Yearning.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 11/16/2016
Today’s Topic: What is the Evidence for the Soul, Part 1. Father gives us the definitation of our soul and answers the following viewers questions and more: Are there different types of souls? Do our pets have souls? Does our soul become extinct when someone dies and goes to hell? How does God truly know our destination? Is there a difference in our spirit and our soul? Will the souls in Hell know the souls that are in heaven and vice-versa? You can also read all about our souls in Father Spitzer’s book The Soul’s Upward Yearning.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 11/9/2016
Today’s Topic: What is the Evidence for Purgatory? Father defines the definition of Purgatory as well as answers the following viewers questions and many more: Where is Purgatory refrenced in Scripture? Was there purgatory for the thief on the cross next to Jesus? What determines the time spent in Purgatory? What if we don’t have a lot of friends or relatives to pray for us after we pass away? Father defines the definition of Mortal Sin.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 11/2/2016
Today’s Topic: How a Catholic should go about voting. Father urges Catholics to Google The Bishops Voter Guide 2016. Zoom down to part 2 and especially part 3. He explains what it means to “vote our conscience”. Father answers this viewers question and many more: If a person votes for someone who promotes abortion, is that person not culpable of the sin also?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 10/26/2016
Today’s Topic: Is there A Hierarchy of Truth In The Moral Order. Specifically regarding Abortion and Voting.Father Spitzer answers the following viewers questions and more:The most fundamental principal of justice is to protect the lives of the innocent. Father explains the Silver Rule and the Golden Rule.Besides prayer what are additional ways that we can influence the decision of our fellow Americans? How should I vote? Read Father Spitzer’s books Ten Universal Principals and Healing The Culture for more pro-live information.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 10/19/2016
Today’s Topic: Principles For A Culture Of Life. Father Spitzer answers the following viewers questions and more:Why are people named saints, sometimes long after they have passed? Being pro-life often means learning to embrace suffering. How can we help people to better understand this? When an egg is fertilized does that baby have a soul? Roe versus Wade law. Read Father Spitzer’s books Ten Universal Principals and Healing The Culture for more pro-live information.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 10/12/2016
Today’s Topic: What did Jesus say about Heaven, Hell and Purgatory. Father Spitzer answers the following viewers questions and more: Why did Jesus make more wine for the wedding at Cana? Father discusses miraculous healings the Lord bestowed following Our Lady’s apparitions? Particularly Our Lady of Lourdes. Why is it that some are healed at Lourdes and not everyone? Why don’t other religions speak of the Virgin Mary? Is there a “real” burning hell? Why did God cast Satan and his league of angels down to earth.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 10/5/2016
Today’s Topic: Historicity of Jesus’s Healings. Father Spitzer discusses a few question that refer to his 9/28 video such as “white” witchcraft, and how do drugs and hallucinations connect to the demonic? On the subject of healing Father Spitzer answers question such as how can you tell if someone has cursed you, and if so how or what can you do to break it? He discusses the difference between being raised from the dead (Lazarus) and the resurrection of Jesus, plus many more questions.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 09/28/2016
Today’s Topic: Part 2, Father Spitzer’s discusses the book GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD regarding the Historicity of Jesus’s Exorcisms and Healings. Father Spitzers discusses the book by Father Gabriele Amorth “An Exorcist Explains the Demonic: The antics of Satan and His Army of Fallen Angels”. Father explains the importance of praying to St. Michael the Archangel for protection. Father wants us to remember there is no way Satan or his demons can occupy the soul of a person. Father Spitzer discusses how the devil uses fear on 3 levels. Father also answers viewers questions.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 09/21/2016
Today’s Topic: Part 1, Father Spitzer’s discusses the book GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD regarding the Historicity of Jesus’s Exorcisms and Healings. Father explains why there more exorcisms in the Gospel of St. Mark. He explains the defeat of Satan and the reason Satan was testing Jesus. Father Spitzer explains the importance of Psalm 22, and answers viewers questions.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 08/31/2016
Today’s Topic: Father Spitzer’s book GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD. Father Spitzer discusses the 4 levels of happiness, defines love and unconditional love, defines hell. He answers what can separate us from the love of God, plus viewers questions.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 08/24/2016
Today’s Topic: How did Christianity Change the World? Was that for good or for bad? Father Spitzer discusses the definition of love prior to Christ. He explains the difference between the Silver and the Golden Rule, plus other viewer questions.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 08/17/2016
Today’s Topic: Four Unique aspects of Jesus’s preaching that changed the world. Father Spitzer breaks down these four unique aspects. A few of the viewer questions and statements that Father Spitzer discusses:How was Jesus Unique/Different? Was the use of parables unique to Jesus? Father Spitzer explains why God seems angry at times.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 07/27/2016
Today’s Questions: Fr. Spitzer discusses why do we have the opinion that all scientists are atheist. A few of the viewer questions and statements that Father Spitzer discusses: The scientific community has to associate with atheism because it supports scientific ideas.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 07/20/2016
Today’s Questions: Fr. Spitzer discusses if there is a God, why is there suffering, Part II. He answers the following viewer questions and more: I understand suffering due to freedom, but what about natural disaster like tsunamis or earthquake? What about the suffering of the innocent? Why does God allow children to die from disease? When people pray and pray for healing for their child, and it doesn’t happened, how can they trust God again? When should we begin talking to kids about why God permits suffering?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 07/13/2016
Today’s Questions: Fr. Spitzer discusses if there is a God, why is there suffering. He answers the following viewer questions and more: If gold is tested by fire, wouldn’t it make sense that God would put us to the test through our own trials of fire? Did God create some of us with a vocation of suffering? How do you continue to hold to your faith when culture tells you are wrong or in the minority? Is is possible to offer up the suffering we didn’t offer before we knew Jesus?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 07/6/2016
Today’s Questions: Fr. Spitzer discusses Evidence of God’s Existence: Miracles of Jesus then and now. Father answers live questions as well as gives many examples of modern day miracles.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 06/15/2016
Today’s Questions: Fr. Spitzer discusses the topic today regarding is there Evidence of God’s Existence: Is there physical evidence of Jesus’s resurrection? Father discusses 1.) Historical evidence 2.) The Shroud of Turin. Why can’t they do another testing today on the Shroud? Father Spitzer answers many of these questions and more in his books 1.New Proofs for the Existence of God 2. God So Loved the World.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 06/08/2016
Today’s Questions:Fr. Spitzer speaks about Evidence of God’s Existence regarding Near Death Experience and answers questions viewers questions. Father reveals several examples of near death experiences in his book The Soul’s Upward Yearning in chapter 5. On the show he answers questions that discusses typical experiences from people who have had NDE. Beyond the speed of light is there a possibility of stoping aging just one of several viewers questions!
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 06/01/2016
Today’s Questions:Fr. Spitzer answers questions regarding is there evidence of God’s existence from philosophy? Is the God of the universe the God of the bible? Why did God pick Israel, for the birth of Jesus? And so much more!
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 05/25/2016
Today’s Questions:Fr. Spitzer answers questions on the evidence for God’s existence from science, Stephen Hawking, was the Earth created in just six days and the age of the universe.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 05/04/2016
Today’s Questions:Fr. Spitzer answers viewer questions on the theory of evolution and Catholicism; if all religions are okay; spiritual callings; pro-science officials in the early church; happiness and proof of God’s existence; crediting healing to God, and more.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 04/27/2016
Today’s Questions:Fr. Spitzer answers viewer questions on praying about something once vs many times; how suffering saves souls; science and the creation story; persisting grief; supernatural occurrences; coincidence and intelligent design; judgment, and more.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 04/20/2016
Today’s Questions:Fr. Spitzer addresses viewer questions on dying with an unconfessed mortal sin; generational sin; patience and suffering; suicide and prayer; offering up joys; grieving for a family pet; suffering of animals; mind, brain, soul; Mary’s assumption and more.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 04/13/2016
Today’s Questions:Fr. Spitzer addresses viewer questions on suffering graciously during great loss; trusting in Christ during difficult times; scripture passages that support God’s mercy at the end; anxiety attacks; physical reactions from blessings, and more..
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 03/23/2016
Today’s Questions: How do we pray affectively during times of suffering? What are spontaneous prayers? Is it ok for us to ask God to remove our suffering? Should I change my disposition before I pray? Can suffering be cause by demons? What mercies should I ask from God, when I bring my sufferings and miseries to him? Father also elaborates more on the need for suffering for salvation.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 03/16/2016
Today’s Questions: Who is this God that we are praying to? How do we know God’s will for us? What is temporal punishment? Why did God create the angel of light who turned into the devil? At what point can we recognize the devil for who he is especially when we are feeling overwhelmed? How do I explain an expanding universe in relationship to God?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 03/09/2016
Today’s Questions: More on the Resurrection, the foundation of Christian suffering. May we offer our sufferings for the eternal rest of our loved ones who have passed on? What happens when suffering becomes spiritual and we become rebellious. Is there reincarnation in Christianity? Is there a payback mentality?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 03/02/2016
Today’s Questions: Resurrection, the foundation of Christian suffering. Reasons suffering continues. Is Suffering and Love complimentary? Is suffering less valued today? Also discussed on show is Father Spitzer’s newest book coming out God so Loved the World.
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 01/13/2016
Today’s Questions: What argument for God would be difficult for an atheist to dispute?; How would you broach a conversation with an atheist?; Could life after death be in another dimension?; Why are there so many views of God in various religions if there is only one God?; Should old philosophical truths be discounted as responses to theology?; What does Islam get right or wrong about God?
FATHER SPITZER’S UNIVERSE – 11/25/2015
Today’s Questions: Why is it important to give thanks to God?; Should we be concerned about society taking Christ out of Christmas?; Why is happiness so important if our goal is to be holy?; Can you explain redemptive suffering?; How do we appeal to those who believe faith and science are mutually exclusive?; How does a “bouncing universe” play in modern science?; Couldn’t God have made the universe less complex?